Well, reader, that is a great question. There are many things you can do to maximize your experience.
- Arrive to your appointment early. Why? So you are not rushed. So that you’re already unwinding to find your happy place.
- Answer questions honestly. There is no wrong answer, just your answer. And your honest answer helps me to help you more effectively.
- Be clear about what your goals are. Are you just looking for relaxation? Do you have an issue you need help with? I want you to leave satisfied not frustrated.
- Be open. Sometimes, when you have an issue, what is really the issue is not the spot that’s hurting.
- Understand that more pressure isn’t always the answer. Just like yelling doesn’t help the other person understand better. What is more important is communication. Help me find the issue so we can work on it. See the previous points…
- Be quiet, if that is what you want. I will only carry on conversation if you do. However, I will ask questions when I need to.
- But speak up when you need to. Let me know if you are too cold or too warm, if you want a little bit more pressure or less, or if I found what we’re looking for or if I’m far away.
- Book your next session before you leave. Why? Because we both have busy schedules and it can be difficult to work people in at the last minute. Sometimes, based on your issue, I will need to see you possibly every day for a couple days or once a week. I want to respect you and your need for treatment but I also want to respect myself and my family.
There might be others, but that is a good start.
Please follow and like us: